Thursday 1 August 2013

Ready for Edinburgh

Well, basically ready for 21st Century Poe's stint at the Edinburgh Fringe, starting next Monday, the 5th down in the old church vault on Merchant Street. I'm also doing four stints performing a sort of 'live trailer' at the upper stage on the Royal Mile on the afternoons of the 4th, 5th, 7th & 10th August, variously between 14.30 and 15.10. A good warm up! Tickets seem to be shifting, thank God and I've been rehearsing like a sonofabitch, even in all this heat. Bought my last prop today (mem to self: remember to check supply of creepy white make-up) and basically itchy to get up there and get down in that vault and start chilling spines. So my schedule will be:
Monday, Thursday, Saturday: FALLING FOR THE USHERS, my radically Glaswegian revamp of The Fall Of The House Of Usher
Tuesday, Friday: HEART SHAPED HOLE, which is basically Poe's Tell Tale Heart meets Trainspotting, set amid Glasgow's down and dirty drugs culture
Wednesday, Sunday: LIGEIA - THIS IS (NOT) A LOVE SONG in which Poe's beautiful revenant is reinvented as an OD'd diva from Glasgow's post punk scene.
I think I'm going to put on a hell of a show. It looks like some people are gonna come. So it's in with a shot at being a good week, there at venue 29.
Edinburgh venue website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.